Are you struggling to find a 40HC container lease rate that doesn’t cost your business a fortune? Then you’ve chanced upon the right blog. Read on to find out how you can work with vetted partners and find reasonable rates for a 40HC at your fingertips on Container xChange.
Picture this: You have pool supplies such as pumps and filters, and pool liners that are very long when laid out flat and need to be transported upright. This over-height cargo can neither fit inside standard containers (20ft and 40ft) nor a 20HC. You’re running out of time as your client has a deadline by which they need to send this cargo on its’ way. You’re in a real fix; no box is big enough to fit the cargo into! Your best bet at this time is a 40ft HC container. This box provides you with more storage space for your cargo. And will be cheaper to purchase than two 20ft HC containers or several standard containers.
On Container xChange you can get your hands on a 40HC at the best price. Try our public search below to get a 40HC container lease rate from 1,500+ vetted suppliers at the most competitive and transparent rates. All you have to do is choose ‘I want to use containers’ and enter your pick-up and drop-off locations and hit the search button. You can then pick from a list of containers, suppliers, and current leasing rates. And lease your box within minutes.
40HC (high cube) container brief overview
40HC containers are quite the popular pick within the industry thanks to their extra height which allows them to meet more cargo demands. These boxes are similar in structure to standard containers. The length and width remain the same but the height increases by one foot. You can use high-cube containers for all types of dry cargo. However, they are aptly used for transporting light, voluminous cargoes, and over-height cargo.
The 40HC container dimensions and capacity hold are as follows in the image below.
Note: A 40HC can hold up to 25 Euro pallets and 21 American pallets.
40HC container lease rate: Market overview 2023
Now, before we move on to the 40HC container lease rate, let’s give you a quick overview of what is going on in the current market. The information you see below is from our latest monthly logistics report, Where are all the containers:
- On our leasing platform, we saw that the average pickup charge to ship a container (all types and conditions) from the US to China was around US $500.
- Average container market rates and location analysis for 40ft HC boxes in Asia in February are Ho Chi Minh City – US $2,541, Shenzhen – US $2,232, Mundra – US $2,216, Jakarta – US $2,068 and Laem Chabang – US $2,088.
- Average container market rates and location analysis for 40ft HC boxes in the US in February are Denver, CO- US $4,010, Portland, OR- US $2,907, Miami, FL- US $2,781, Baltimore, MD- US $2,628 and Minneapolis, MN- US $2,617.
Download your free copy of the report for in-depth industry analysis and more on 40HC container lease rates in other locations.
Corton steel 40HC container lease rate: New and used high cube
You can lease your 40HC as a new or used container depending on your needs. With a new container, you’ll get the highest quality. This is because these are brand new never been used boxes with no scratches or marks on them. This means that they will be priced higher. In contrast, used containers have been around a lot longer, and may not be as strong due to the repairs over the years, which lowers their prices.
On Container xChange whether you need a 40HC as a new box or a used box, you don’t need to worry about the costs of either. Our online platform provides full market price transparency. Here, you can compare and negotiate prices directly with the supplier to agree on a deal that works best for you. You also get your box at competitive prices without any hidden fees. And the best part is that you’re working with vetted members so you know all your transactions are safe.
To continue your learning on the 40HC container lease rate, here are the average pickup rates for cargo worthy containers on the top three stretches on Container xChange.
- From Shanghai to Toronto the average pick up charge for a 40HC is US $580.
- From Qingdao to Moscow the average pick up charge for a 40HC is US $ 819.
- From ST Petersburg to Tianjin the average pick up charge for a 40HC is US $224.
Note: The rates above are based on the transactions made on the xChange platform and are subject to changes.
Bonus Tip: If you’d like to see these prices for yourself, then check out our feature Insights. With Insights, you’ll be able to see top rates on 40HCs in 180 locations. You’ll also get actual one-way leasing terms for boxes making a one-way move. And you can compare pick-up charges, free days, and per diems for different stretches and see their development for up to 2 years. So, what’re you waiting for? Try Insights for free.
Benefits of leasing 40 HC containers
You already know the main benefit of leasing a 40HC container – more cargo space for all types of goods especially ones with extra height. But why should you opt for leasing a 40HC instead of buying one, we’ve got the answer for you.
Container leasing gives you more flexibility and independence, both in terms of how you use the container and how you plan your budget.
In terms of security, if you have goods that you want to store in a container to protect them from damage leasing is the perfect option. You’ll easily be able to monitor and safeguard your goods. And also, effortlessly load and unload various items and have access to them without making trips to an off-site location.
- Flexibility is one of the biggest advantages you get with leasing. You can lease a container for however long you need them.
- It’s also beneficial if you don’t have enough capital for an upfront payment to buy a container.
- Additionally, leasing helps if you’re facing a temporary surge in demand for containers. You can increase your fleet and lease extra containers even when you don’t have cash in hand.
- You can also choose to lease a container when you’re unsure about your long-term demand developments.
Below you’ll see the dimension difference between 40ft and 40HC containers which will give you a better idea of which one to pick for your next shipment.
|12.03m / 39.5ft
|2.4m / 7.9ft
|2.39m / 7.9ft
|3,750kg / 8,268.8 lbs
|27,600kg / 61,200 lbs
|67.7 m3 / 2,389 cu ft
|12.03 m / 39.5 ft
|2.35 m / 7.8 ft
|2.67 m / 8.9 ft
|3,940 kg / 8,687 lbs
|28,600 kg / 63,052 lbs
|76.3 m3 / 2,694.5 cu ft
40HC container lease rate: Find competitive deals on Container xChange
Now that you have a complete understanding of the 40HC and why you should lease one, let’s get you a 40HC container at reasonable rates on our platform.
On our leasing marketplace, you’ll get:
- Reasonable rates that are competitive, comparable, and negotiable with zero hidden fees — you won’t find them in your other sourcing channels.
- Safe transactions with 1,500+ vetted safe partners (including some bigwigs in the industry).
- 10,000+ containers in 2,500 locations worldwide.
- An easy-to-use and secure payment handling feature, the xChange wallet. This generates only one bill for you to pay, so you don’t have to deal with different companies and country regulations. And manages all your transactions in one place.
- Near real-time container tracking to keep an eye out for your box’s What is estimated time of arrival? Estimated time of arrival, commonly known as ETA, is a frequently used term globally to denote the time of coming. In the shipping & logistics industry, it is ... More and an auto-alert system during events of delay, discharges, rollovers, or lengthy wait time.
You get all this by just sitting in front of your laptop while keying in your pick-up and drop-off locations and container type. Then you’ll see a list of offers from vetted suppliers under one dashboard. You can then compare these offers and pick a deal that works for you. Once you have chosen a deal, you can directly negotiate with the supplier and source your 40HC. So go on and get started on a good deal on your 40HC container lease rate and let our expert team help you along the way.
40HC container lease rate: Common FAQs
What is the difference between 40ft and 40HC?
The primary difference between a 40ft Standard height container and a 40ft High Cube Container is the difference in height of exactly one foot. All the other specifications remain the same in terms of width and length.
How much does a 40ft container cost?
A 40ft container costs anywhere between US $2,000 to US $3000 depending on the market situation.
How much can a 40HC hold?
A 40HC can hold cargo that has a payload capacity of 28,600 kg / 63,052 lbs and a cubic capacity of -76.3 m3 / 2,694.5 cu ft.